12.11.08

Design for Packaging

Since the interim critique I have been developing my box further and further, concentrating on materials, fixtures, and the equally important graphics which will appear on the packaging’s surface. I have begun to concentrate almost exclusively on the design as I am running out of time due to the final deadline growing ever closer.

I have decided that the designs for the watch packaging should be simple, bold and eye catching (while still giving a subtle but noticeable nod to Animal as a surfers and extreme sports enthusiast aimed company). I have presented the inner and outer sides of my packaging design as well as a closing sleeve design for each sex, male and female, which I intend to submit for the final critique this coming Friday.
Blank Net

Packaging Design - Male Ver.
Packaging Design - Male Ver.
Packaging Design - Female Ver.
Packaging Design - Female Ver.
Packaging Sleeve Design - Male and Female Ver.

The design may seem almost too simple but when printed on a recycled material which has some texture and inconsistency as well as colour other than plain white, (not necessarily bright dyed colour but grey board or the consistency of corrugated card), I think the design will be brought to life. Before the final hand-in I plan to run some test prints on some materials to ensure the packaging graphics comes across as I intend.

No comments: