18.2.09

Live Brief Completion//Presentation 18th February

Today myself and Ben Strowman presented our logo and identi-kit to two MAA associates who we explained our reasons for our design choices (colour, type, orientation) and our reasoning. When completing the brief we decided that the logo needed to be corporate to a degree while still being appealing and not looking like a construction company or a courier service identity. We chose a selection of blues with detailing and strapline in an orange. We felt these choices suited the location and the areas which would be involved within the MAA of Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole as it is a coastal area and although many colours would have been suitable we felt that the chosen selection would help the public relate as well as still being a strong identity with bold colours.

During the presentation we discussed our choices with the two representatives of the MAA, Kit Johnson and Matt Desmier. I felt that it went extremely well and am quite intrigued as to the piece of work they choose as after seeing various groups work, it became clear that the standard of work was extremely high. I think were in with a chance though. I have included the logo development and the our chosen final logo below. I feel it is also worth noting that I am actually really beginning to enjoy presenting and discussing my work, a skill which I think is very valuable to someone who plans to enter the professional workplace.

No comments: